"Sun exposure at higher latitudes before 10 am or after 2 pm will cause burning from UV-A before it will supply adequate vitamin D from UV-B. This finding may surprise you, as it did the researchers. It means that sunning must occur between the hours we have been told to avoid. Only sunning between 10 am and 2 pm during summer months (or winter months in
southern latitudes) for 20-120 minutes, depending on skin type and color, will
form adequate vitamin D before burning occurs. "
Dr. Mercola talks with Krispin Sullivan in this video about the importance of Vitamin D to our health.
Vitamin D: One of the Most Potent Antioxidants in the World
- Caffeine Can Elevate Your Stress Hormones - we may not be aware of it but
drinking coffee can elevate our stress hormones needlessly.
- How To Absorb More Antioxidants From Green Tea - The body cannot absorb more
than 20% of the antioxidants in green tea.
- Mario's Antioxidant Needs - discover how antioxidants help our bodies in
scavenging free radicals created by our own metabolism.
- Solubility of Antioxidants - a discussion on water soluble and fat soluble
- ORAC Values of Acai Berry, Goji Berry, Pomegranate and Mangosteen
Suggest a topic
- Email me
- Suggest through the comment form.
- Herbal Green Tea - learn about the benefits of green tea in this product.
- Green Tea - An Herbal Wonder - There are more than a hundred varieties of
teas, but you may be surprised to learn that most teas have medicinal benefits,
specifically green tea
- Why we need vitamins, supplements and antioxidants - Living in this modern world may have some adverse effects on our health....
- Shoes for men - shop for
antioxidants vitamin D health