Green tea is believed to have many healthful benefits. If you have ever tasted a good cup of green tea it can be reviving and delicious. However the delicate nature of this tea does demand a certain watchful eye when preparing it. Here is an easy to follow guide on how to brew an outstanding cup of green tea.
• Use high quality tea a lesser quality will not yield as good a flavor.
• If using lesser quality, boil water and steep for a longer period of time. This will help extract the flavors.
• When using the preferred high quality tea do not boil the water. Gently heat the water and steep the tea. Steep for about half the time recommended, if let go too long the flavor will turn bitter and sharp.
• Never use an aluminum pot to boil water. It will change the flavor of the tea. A cooper pot is ideal.
• Use only porcelain or ceramic to steep the tea.
• If the water does boil allow it to cool for 1-3 minutes before adding the tea. To ascertain the proper water temperature, check the direction of the steam. If the steam is drifting straight up the water is too hot. When the steam drifts sideways the water is at the proper temperature.
About the Author
Shauna Hanus is a gourmet cook who specializes in creating gourmet meal plans. She has extensive experience cooking with easy to find grocery items to create delightful gourmet meals. She is also the publisher of a no cost bi-monthly gourmet newsletter. Her newsletter is always fun and informational packed with tips and trivia you can use everyday. http://www.gourmayeats.com
Source: Article Mania
- Other articles
- Herbal Green Tea
- Types of Green Tea Chai
- Green Tea and Cholesterol Facts
- Berries and Green Tea are the Best Sources of Antioxidants
- The Calming Effect of Theanine in Tea
- Use Green Tea for Anti-Aging and to Keep Your Skin Beautiful
- Antioxidants in Green Tea and Black Tea
- Inhibit Alcohol Cravings
- How To Absorb More Antioxidants From Green Tea
- Green Tea - An Herbal Wonder