1) Eat more. Remember you are trying to build some muscle around your stomach while burning fat. Avoid starving yourself and make sure you stay full all day without overdoing it. It is all about balance when trying to get six pack abs.
2) Eat healthy natural foods most of the time. Try to eat unprocessed foods at least 90% of the time. Some great choices are lean meats, nuts, beans, fruits, and vegetables. These are the kinds of foods that really promote fat loss.
3) Eat junk food sometimes. You can have about 3 cheat meals a week but make sure they are no bigger than your regular meals. They can be whatever you want. Eating pure crap sometimes really helps with fat loss. So you can indulge without feeling guilty.
4) Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Try to eat about every 3 hours. By doing this you will feel full and energized all day. Your belly fat will shrink and you will fuel your body up for workouts.
5) Eat protein with each meal. Having a source of protein like cottage cheese, chicken, salmon, or milk is important if you are trying build muscle since protein is the building blocks for muscle.
6) Limit carbs. Starchy carbs like bread, pasta, and oatmeal should only be consumed after a workout. Eat fruits and vegetables with each meal to get more carbs for energy. Fruits and vegetables are not loaded with calories like starchy carbs are but they provide your body with plenty of carbs.
7) Have healthy fats with each meal. Some great choices are peanut butter, olive oil, and salmon. Healthy fats help your body burn more fat. Just make sure to avoid trans fat from foods that are fried and processed. Saturated fat should be limited to about 10% when reading the food labels.
8) Drink water. Instead of having drinks loaded with calories like juice, soda, and alcohol drink water and tea which have no calories but help wash away your gut.
An example of a six pack abs diet.
You do not have to worry about calories or portion sizes too much. What is important is that you fill up on natural foods like the kinds mentioned above.
- Breakfast - An omelet with spinach and tomatoes cooked in olive oil with an orange on the side.
- Mid-morning snack - Smoothie made up of milk, frozen fruit, almonds, and some whey protein.
- Lunch - A banana with spoonful of natural peanut butter and a cup of green tea.
- Afternoon snack after workout - A bowl of oatmeal with milk, cinnamon, and an apple.
- Dinner - Salmon cooked in olive oil with asparagus.
- Night snack - Cottage cheese and red grapes
To learn more about having an effective six pack abs diet go to http://thetruthaboutabsprogram.com for more tips and exercises.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Peter_Jayson